Figures that the first time I write after a long time
Its because the year is ending.
But I feel like because we have a tendency to not appreciate a time or a moment when it happens, maybe its good to look back and realise that it wasn't all bad.
2011 was unique, to say the least
Ask me on a random day and I might say it hadn't been good.
Looking back now, 2011 was a year of bits and pieces
I learnt about pain and the hurt of losing people
I learnt about forgiveness and the power of friendships
I learnt the importance of letting go, and understanding that sometimes we don't always have everything in our control
I found myself again and my true passion for writing
I learnt to give back, to remember to appreciate people not just on their special days
I did crazy things this year, like chase a thunderstorm in the safari in South Africa, rode an ATV and got bitten by a skin-eating insect.
I learnt about relationships, and despite everything, I wouldn't trade that experience for anything
I found myself falling in love, not with someone but with places and cultures
I've travelled alot, But this year, I fell in love with South Africa; a country I felt emotional leaving
A country that I found myself again, found that inner peace
The stillness and bravery within myself.
But I'm glad that something's don't change
Family
I've shared many a fun moments with my family
But this year, I felt the strength and the peace that comes with the support I get from them
I had many a shoulders to cry on but more than that, many a helping hand.
I've never felt more grateful for being born in this family
I'm not sure what 2012 holds.
And I don't want to make any resolutions.
But I know this much
If I'm surrounded by the amazing people I am surrounded with now, I'll be fine, no matter what happens
To all my friends this new year, I wish for you(&me) this:
I pray your dreams stay big and your worries stay small
I pray that in happiness, you share joy
I pray that in pain, you find strength
I hope you always forgive and never regret
I hope in silence you find contentment
I hope in life, you find love
Come what may, I say
Bring on 2012.
George Bernard Shaw once said, "There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it."
This year, I got both
If losing my heart's desire is tragic, I say show me pain
If gaining my heart's desire is tragic, I say
give me tragedy.
-Celebration by Kool & the Gang (only recently heard about his band. OTH mention!)-
No comments:
Post a Comment