Saturday, August 13, 2011

That is what I do believe

I believe in following your heart
I believe in using your head


I believe in education and success
I believe in passion and drive


I believe in stability
I believe in risk-taking


I believe in honesty
I believe in secrecy


I believe in doing the right thing all the time
I believe in white lies


I believe in luck
I believe in making your own luck


I believe in fate 
I believe in writing your own destiny


I believe in hate
I believe in love


I believe in compromise 
I believe in sacrifice


I believe in families and friendships
I believe in solitude


I believe in marrying the one you love
I believe in falling in love after marriage


I believe in being with the one you love
I believe in loving the one you're with


I believe the natural order
I believe in equality for all


I believe in God and Faith
I believe in Science and Logic


I believe things I see and feel
I believe in the unexplainable


I believe in the good in people 
I believe the devil in them too


I believe in the power of music
I believe in the annoyance of noise


I believe in dreams
I believe in reality


I believe in rationality 
I believe that nothing is impossible


So what am I?
A woman of morals or a woman of spontaneity? 
A theist or a person of logic?
An equal rights activist or a believer in nature's way?
An extrovert or an introvert?


There is no need to pick a side
No black or white "right thing to do"
There is just beliefs. 
And there is no limit, no classification, no labels
But in the end, I truly believe in just one thing
I believe that I'm a believer

And isn't that all that matters?

-I believe by Yolanda Adams-

No comments:

Post a Comment